They say first impressions are make or break, and this is certainly true when it comes to a home. And the more curb appeal your home has, the better first impression you’re going to make. Lots of homeowners concern themselves with boosting their home’s curb appeal when it comes time to sell, and for good reason. The better first impression you can make on a buyer, the more buyers are likely to be interested in your home.
So how long do you have to make a first impression? Only 10 seconds! That’s why in this week’s blog, we’ll talk about some of the improvements you can make to boost your home’s curb appeal. If you’re selling your home or planning on selling your home soon, give this guide a read!
11 Ways to Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Choose a neutral color scheme such as white, grey, or beige.
- Make sure there is no visible damage on the exterior cladding. If your vinyl siding is cracked, for example, make sure you get it replaced.
- If your exterior facade is painted, make sure the paint is in good shape. If you’ve been in need of a new paint job, contact a professional exterior painter.
- Consider installing shutters. Shutters frame your windows in a way that is very visually appealing and will be more likely to attract the eye.
Front and Garage Doors
- If your front door is old and weathered, replace it. Replacing a front door is one of the best home improvement projects you can do in terms of ROI, at 90%. If you don’t want to replace the front door, then consider upgrading the hardware such as the door handle and knocker.
- Same thing goes for your garage door. At 82.5% his project offers a great potential for ROI, and will certainly improve your curb appeal over an old, worn out garage door.
- If your mailbox has seen better days, consider replacing it with an attractive new model.
Driveway and Walkway
- If your driveway and walkway to your front door are old, consider repaving them. Asphalt is the best option for your driveway, while pavers are a good choice for a walkway.
- Make sure your lawn is cut regularly and that there are no patches of dead grass or weeds.
- Trim back bushes and trees from the house.
- Hire a landscaping company to neatly manicure your yard.
Pay Off Your Bills and Improve Your Curb Appeal
Are unpaid bills and debts preventing you from doing the home improvement projects you need? With a loan from Your Project Loan, you can pay off your bills and tackle projects at the same time! It has never been easier to take on your debt and home improvement projects with just one loan. Contact us today or fill out a simple 60-second loan application to learn more!