If you’re in the market for a new roof, you have a lot of choices as to roofing contractors. Picking the right one can seem an impossible task, but if you’re armed with the right questions to ask, you can make the process much easier. Find the contractor who gives you the right answers to these questions, and you’ll be ready to go.
Five Questions to Ask a Roofing Contractor
- Are you licensed and insured? – You want to make sure that your contractor is licensed to work in your state (and in any other states in which they work) and that this license is up to date. In addition, make sure they offer their employees workman’s comp insurance, otherwise any injuries that occur during the work will be your responsibility. In the same vein, make sure they offer general liability insurance, in case any accidents occur such as damage to your home. While it’s easy to take their word for it, ask to see the certificates to verify that they do indeed have insurance and are licensed.
- Will there be a written estimate? – Having a detailed, written, and signed estimate before the work starts can save you a lot of headaches later on in the project. The estimate should include things like the cost of removing the old roof, installing the new one, and replacing any damaged wood underneath.
- Will there be a dedicated project manager on site? – You want to have a dedicated project manager on site for several reasons. First, so they can answer any questions you have during the process. Second, so they can direct their team. If the team shows up without a project manager, and you’re unable to find out who it is, don’t allow them to do any work until the manager arrives.
- What will you do with the refuse? – Roofing invariably produces a lot of refuse. You want a contractor who both supplies a container for refuse collection, and will haul it away once the work is finished. You also want to ask them where they plan to put the container. If they want to put it on your driveway, make sure you have a plan in place for compensation if the driveway cracks under its weight.
- How will you go about the process? – This is obviously a very broad question which needs to be broken down into more specific ones. But in general, you want to know how they go about the process of roofing to know whether or not they’re cutting corners. This list of questions goes into more detail about the roofing process and is a great place to start.
Your Project Loan has over 55 years of experience helping homeowners get the loans they need to make their remodeling dreams a reality. Is your kitchen aging faster than you’d like it to? Is the bathroom in need of a facelift? We’ve got you covered. No matter what kind of remodeling you want to do, we can get you the loan to finance it. With new low 4.99% APR financing available in all 50 states and up to $100,000 with no equity required, now is the perfect time to go to our website and fill out our 60 second loan application.
Are you a home improvement dealer? Want to increase your sales?! We can help you provide financing for your customers as well. Please fill out our dealer application and you will be contacted within 24 hours by one of our Home Improvement specialists.
As the old adage goes, time is money, and for an investment of just 60 seconds you could be looking at a great loan for your home remodeling project. In less than the time it took you to read this blog, you could have been on your way to a loan today. So don’t delay, head over to our application and get started! And be sure to follow Your Project Loan on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and LinkedIn.