So, you’re remodeling your home. Planning this out can be an arduous task. It’s nearly impossible to figure out where you need to spend the bulk of your money; after all, how are you supposed to know which will get you the most return? Since your home remodeling project is such a big investment, you want to make sure that you’re focusing on the right aspects. Read on to find out where to splurge, and where you should save your money.
Where to Splurge
- Kitchen: An updated and renovated kitchen will definitely get you the most return when you sell your home. Most homes increase greatly in value when their kitchens are up-to-date and fitted with the latest trends.
- Bathroom: No one wants to use a bathroom that’s behind the times; and old toilets and showers can waste water. It’s important to make sure your bathrooms are efficient and well-designed.
- Windows: You’d be surprised how much heat you lose through old windows. When this happens, your furnace has to work harder to heat your home. New windows (and even new doors) can ensure you’re keeping all the cold air outside.
Where to Save
- Cabinets: By all means, replace your cabinets; this does wonders for your home value. But the value rarely changes due to custom cabinets, versus ones you didn’t design yourself. People want new–they don’t want original.
- Flooring: When investing in quality flooring, it’s important to remember that not all beautiful materials have to be flimsy. Hardwood scratches easily, and needs maintenance. Linoleum, however, rarely needs any attention beyond a bit of scrubbing now and then.
- Structure: The general layout of your home should stay relatively similar to the rest of the homes in your neighborhood. Otherwise, the value of the home will skyrocket–inside of a niche market, where others are selling the same thing for less money, you won’t sell nearly as well in the future.
Need help financing a home remodeling project? Your Project Loan can help!
We offer a vast array of loan services, just for you. You’ll never need to worry about paying too much out of pocket for your home improvement projects, and you can start working on your home improvements immediately. We also are partnered with the best dealers in the area, so you’ll be supported by quality throughout your entire project.
We know that repairs like these are urgent matters, that is why we offer a nearly instant loan decision once you fill out our 60-second loan application! We conduct business in all 50 states* and our rates start as low as 3.99%*. We can also finance up to $150k* for your project! What are you waiting for? Contact us today!